Thursday, December 11, 2008

Whats for Dinner Wednesday

Yummy, Yummy and easy peasy.
I had this last night so I think I can count it for Wednesday.
** If you make the Chicken Spaghetti from last week you can use the left over chicken for this (oh yeah savin' some money is cool). I stole this from Better Homes and Gardens so I better give them credit.

Tortellini Florentine Soup

9 oz. 3 cheese tortellini
28 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
10 oz light Alfredo Pasta Sause
2 cups shredded deli roasted chicken
½ cup oil packed dried tomato strips drained
3 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
1 oz parmesan cheese

Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside. In the same pot (or a different one while the tortellini is cooking) combine the broth and Alfredo sauce. Stir in the chicken and tomato strips. Heat just to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.

Add cooked tortellini and spinanch to chicken mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to heat through and wilt spinach.

To serve sprinkle with cheese.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy! this looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Post-it Notes said...

Yummy, yum yum!

Nikki said...

This looks so good. Maybe I'll make it this week. I wonder how to make it kid friendly..ie the sundried tomatoes and spinach although I love them.