Monday, December 15, 2008

Church Stuff

I thought church was really good yesterday and wanted to share some of my thoughts. My ward is on chapter 22 of the Joseph Smith manual and the lesson was about knowledge. I have been so bored with my life and this lesson gave me a little kick in the butt to get off of mine. We are here to gain knowledge and I have been really slacking in my studying of anything. I thought the quote in bold was really insightful about God having more power because he has more knowledge. I also feel many of the economic and social problems we are facing are because there is so much evil and corruption in the world today. If we could all seek to do good then we could easily overcome all the obstacles placed before us.

“Knowledge does away with darkness, suspense and doubt; for these cannot exist where knowledge is. … In knowledge there is power. God has more power than all other beings, because He has greater knowledge; and hence He knows how to subject all other beings to Him. He has power over all.”14
“As far as we degenerate from God, we descend to the devil and lose knowledge, and without knowledge we cannot be saved, and while our hearts are filled with evil, and we are studying evil, there is no room in our hearts for good, or studying good. Is not God good? Then you be good; if He is faithful, then you be faithful. Add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, and seek for every good thing [see 2 Peter 1:5].

1 comment:

Post-it Notes said...

What a great quote. It sounds like you had a great lesson.