Thursday, December 4, 2008

Have I done any good in the world today…have I helped anyone in need?

I was making Christmas cards last night and stumbled upon Secret Millionaire on Fox. The show has millionaires going into poor areas and meeting people who don’t know they are millionaires then they give them money. It was awesome how much good the everyday people are doing. So many of these people don’t have anything and they are still giving and giving. It was a true testament to the human spirit and what a little love can do for the world.

I have been feeling overwhelmed by my personal problems lately and feel strongly that the best way to deal with them is to help others. If any one has any ideas for doing simple charity please let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught the end of this show last night too. I have been thinking the exact same thing. They are doing so much to help.

Post-it Notes said...

We love picking an ornament off of the tree at Walmart or at the mall and buy the things on it for kids in need. I havent seen the show but I think I need to watch for it!

Lucie said...

I haven't heard of the show, but it sounds interesting!
Here are a couple sites that might help you: www.sltrib.com/giving
www.crossroads-u-c.org
www.ccsutah.org
www.voaut.org
www.utahfoodbank.org
or you can dial 211 from your phone to get volunteer information.

Marin said...

Diane! I am posting a comment! We watched the show and thought it was good. What would this world be like if we lived for each other and not to make money?! You should try stopping in at the Church Humanitarian center. They always have things to help with you can do there or take home to work on. I love working with them because it is all volunteer and they do such a good job.

Nikki said...

So, Bern and I decdided to do something instead of drawing names for sis/brothers this year with my fam. We gave Weyland $40 for his Muscular Dystrophy campaign but I really wanted to do a sub 4 santa this year. My sisters flaked on me. Another idea. My Dad is the bishop in his ward and he told me you can buy toys and give them to the bishop's storehouse and families in need can come pick out a few toys for their kids. I saw some barbies at Target for $5. Not too bad.