
D&C 98:1-3
1 Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.
It has been a little while since I posted a scripture at this one caught my attention today. Actually the first half of section 98 is really good if you are looking for something to read.
I thought this was appropriate for the times a lot of us are having but still happy. I know I have had a lot of afflictions over the last 2 years and looking back on them I can see that I have learned more then I ever thought was possible about people, the economy, and just how the world works. I know I would not have the understanding I have now if I had not experienced those things. Many of the people I meet and worked with are the reason I have been getting prepared for whatever might happen good or bad because I think we will have both.
1 Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.
It has been a little while since I posted a scripture at this one caught my attention today. Actually the first half of section 98 is really good if you are looking for something to read.
I thought this was appropriate for the times a lot of us are having but still happy. I know I have had a lot of afflictions over the last 2 years and looking back on them I can see that I have learned more then I ever thought was possible about people, the economy, and just how the world works. I know I would not have the understanding I have now if I had not experienced those things. Many of the people I meet and worked with are the reason I have been getting prepared for whatever might happen good or bad because I think we will have both.
No comments:
Post a Comment