Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sugar Coating...

So every morning Jeff wakes me up with CNBC and all the wonderful news that is going on in our great land. You all know I love my numbers and I keep hearing things like November new home sales down 10% from last year. It cracks me up “new home sales,” was that the best statistic they could find.

So I thought I would share some crazy facts here so you can see the REAL numbers. Anyone out there in real estate or mortgage this is for you:

Salt Lake County Home Sales:

2006: 14,895
2007: 11,238
2008: 2,347*
*2008 numbers are only through 3rd quarter but I don’t think we are going to get close.

Here is the link to the Salt Lake Tribune Page so you know I didn’t make it up:
http://extras.sltrib.com/HomePrices/

1 comment:

Post-it Notes said...

hmmm, thanks for these great numbers! Good thing Im not counting on being a realtor to pay all my bills.