I guess I make a lot of corn - I am lazy like that and you can just throw it on the fire or BBQ with everything else. I am going to make a goal of finding another side dish.
Lighting in the picture is via Jeff's headlamp - This does not look that good but it was yummy and easy to do on the campfire so that is a plus.
2 Salmon Steaks
2 T Butter
Zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime (save lemon to juice over fish)
2-4 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1-2 t cumin
Pre-Mix butter with zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Salt and pepper salmon and place on a sheet of foil. Spread butter mixture on salmon and create foil pouch. Cook on grill over fire until fish flakes easily. Squeeze lemon over salmon.
Herbed Veggies-
Heap of uniformly cut-up veggies – (mine: snow peas, carrots, green beans, zucchini, and squash)
Splash of olive oil
1 t dried rosemary, crushed
1 t dried thyme, crushed
1 t tarragon
Salt and pepper
Combine all and marinate (or don’t) overnight. Pour into foil packet and cook until done to your liking.
** Done to your liking will probably be longer then it takes to cook the salmon so keep that in mind.
2 comments:
Mmm.. that sounds good. Way better than what we usually have when we go camping. Thanks Diane!
I just found your blog and I'm stealing all of your recipes off of it :) You look like one good cook!!!
Post a Comment