Saturday, August 16, 2008

These Truths

Check it Out- I am posting an actual picture of myself on my blog! So today when I should have been cleaning my house and packing for my trip I went to the State Capital and stood in line for 4 freaking hours to see The Declaration of Independence. It was really cool but if I had known it was going to take so long I would have left sooner. After about 2 hours we were staying no matter what.

It was a really neat experience to see a piece of paper that is 232 years old. – Jeff is a bicentennial baby so he informed me of how old it is. I really liked seeing it and knowing that those men fought for our freedom way back then just like so many men and women today. Freedom is never easy and we are blessed to be able to live our lives in this great nation.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That's cool! What a great experience. We really are so lucky to have the freedoms that we have.

Jessie Riley said...

THERE YOU ARE! YAY!!! I love seeing pictures of you.

That is really cool that they had it there. WHY... did they anyway?

By the way... You have turned into your mom. I remember she was SO into Politics, always listening to RUSH... Not that it's a bad thing. Just something I think about when I get political emails from you. ;)

I love you...

Post-it Notes said...

Yay for the picture!! That is way cool but I cant believe that you stood in line for 4 hours. Loved your last scripture post too!