Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday!

Last week Jeff and I celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary and Jeff’s 32nd Birthday. If you are not married let this be a word of advice to you not to get married the day before your husbands birthday. This is why:

My grandparents took us out for diner two days after our anniversary and asked us what we did to celebrate. At first I couldn’t remember - not a good sign. Then I say with a straight face; like this is totally normal to do for your 9th anniversary – “We ate day old tuna casserole outside and watched hummingbirds.”

I think this might be a sign we are getting a bit complacent in our old age.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW happy anniversary! 9 years... can you believe its been that long?? Oh and happy birthday JEFF!

Kate said...

I remember your wedding. Can't believe it was 9 years ago. I never realized Jeff was older than you. Happy birthday/anniversary. :)

Nikki said...

Hilarious! That's awesome. I remember our 9 year anniversary. Luke was 2 weeks old and we went on a drive up the canyon after grabbing some sandwiches. We had only a few hours without the kids but hey it was something. Don't worry next year is the big one. Plan something fun.

Post-it Notes said...

Day old tuna casserole... sounds like an anniversary meal to me LOL! Happy Anniversary and Happy B-day Jeff!

Jessie Riley said...

I'm GAGGING that you even HAD tuna casserole! BUT... I'm dying laughing at the reality of LIFE! It's nice to know that it's not just the kids that make anniversaries dwindle... I remember your wedding like it was yesterday too!!!

I can't believe it's been NINE YEARS!

Jessie Riley said...

OH. and Happy Birthday JEOFF!!!

Brookie Biggers said...

Diane I love your blog love love love it! The kitty is so funny, I cant believe the can was stuck I will have to show that to my boys they will laugh so hard! PS Are you planning to have kiddos? Dont worry they don't really Pee on the couch but when you have kids you will worry about crap like that!