Thursday, August 7, 2008

Spirituality


So maybe you are all sick of these and I actually skipped posting this scripture because I thought they might be getting old but it is all I have found in my last week of reading that really stood out so I am going to post it.

Alma 22:16

But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.

I keep getting stuck on these scriptures that are about faith and hope. Sometimes it is the only thing you have left to work with and it is also something no one can take away from you.

Anyway I am really bad at saying my prayers. For some reason I think it is embarrassing. I don’t know why I am embarrassed to pray when I am alone in my room at midnight but I am. So this week I am going to work on sincerely asking in prayer for the things that I need.

2 comments:

Jessie Riley said...

NOT sick of them. They are the only scriptures I've been reading lately... :)

AND... it's your blog. Write what you want... if someone doesn't like it... they don't have to read it!

I love this picture. I saved it... it may be on my blog soon!

Post-it Notes said...

Ditto to what Jess said. These are the only scriptures I have been reading as well so keep em coming!