Thanks to the Senate – did you know the add-ons in the bailout bill include the following:
Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502) $10 Million
Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503) $6 Million
6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308) $33 Million
American Samoa (Sec. 309) $192 Million
Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
Railroads (Sec. 316)
Auto Racing Tracks (317) $128 Million
District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
Wool Research (Sec. 325)
I am almost positive that Wool Research is some emergency that has to be passed today. I can’t find all the dollar amounts of the add-ons but it has been reported to be another $100 billion dollars. Isn’t the problem debt and overspending?
We have one more chance to stop this thing in congress. I urge you to email them and let them know what you are thinking. The popular opinion is way down on this thing and we still can’t get the senate to listen to us. Bennett and Hatch lost my vote (whenever they come up for reelection).
Why do we have a better chance with congress than the senate – all 435 are up for reelection every 2 years. They may all lose their jobs in the next month. I personally will not vote for anyone who passes this thing. It is ridiculous – what happened to of the people, by the people, and for the people?
3 comments:
Sorry to double post... apparently I'm having problems typing today.
I was trying to say this:
This is all so ridiculous!! Are we ever going to learn? (By we, I mean the dang government officials)
Remember everyone that to vote you have to be registered and the deadline to register is 10/06/08 (Utah) or this coming Monday. If you are not registered you can start the process online at https://secure.slco.org/cl/voterreg/ or you can call 801-468-8683 for more info (Salt Lake County residents). For those of you outside Salt Lake County you can use the Google tool at http://maps.google.com/vote to find your registration office. Ok so now get off you couch and get to it...
jkD
J
Post a Comment