Monday, September 8, 2008

Yeah More Scriptures!


I know you are all missing my scripture posts but I am having another slow day at work and what better thing to do to pass the time.

For some reason I have read Helaman Chapter 5 about 10 times now. I can’t seem to remember that I read this and need to move forward but every time I read it I get stuck on the same scriptures.

I would also like you to know that I have been super grumpy about going to church and on Sunday I was going to skip but decided I might as well go. Then Testimony meeting was so good I was almost crying and I am not a crier. So if you are grumpy about church just go and have an open heart and you will hear the things you need to hear to keep going for another week.

So here we are in Helaman Chapter 5

12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

41 And Aminadab said unto them: You must repent, and cry unto the voice, even until ye shall have faith in Christ, who was taught unto you by Alma, and Amulek, and Zeezrom; and when ye shall do this, the cloud of darkness shall be removed from overshadowing you.

47 Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith in my Well Beloved, who was from the foundation of the world.

I like the cloud of darkness being removed from me and being replaced by the peach of faith.

It has been a tough time with the economy being so weak and both Jeff and I working in the finance market. I have truly felt that dark could and mostly just feeling like there is nothing I can do about it. I’m sure everyone has felt at some time like no matter how hard you try you never make any progress and that is where I have been lately. Luckily thanks to the awesome people in my ward I have a little better outlook today and a little more faith that I will be okay.

1 comment:

Brookie Biggers said...

you are the scripture QUEEN.