
So I think I am a kook. I have been thinking a lot about who I am going to vote for and I have finally made a decision. After a lot of thought I decided I am voting for Chuck Baldwin who is the Constitution Party Candidate. I have been struggling with whether or not to vote for McCain but the only reason I have to vote for him is that I am scared of Obama and I don’t think that is a good reason. I want to vote for someone I believe in and I can get behind Baldwin on 95% of his issues. The only problem I have is on the war and I don’t know if I know where I stand on this one anymore (Brooke any suggestions?). I am normally quiet on these issues because I don’t want to get in fights or have to defend my opinion but I am tired of everyone being to scared to stand up for what is right and the only person I can change is myself. So I challenge everyone who reads my blog (is this a tag?) to publically state who they are voting for and why! It is time to start a conversation and I will start with my kook vote.
Baldwin is:
- Pro-Life
- Restore a debt free, interest free money system.
- Patriotism is not love of Big Government or Big Brother
- Restore manufacturing base, not multinational corporations
- End corporate welfare; put people ahead of CEOs
- Tax relief for homeschooling, private & religious schools.
- Drill in Alaska for domestic energy sources
- More drilling; more refineries; more nuclear power plants.
- Champion property rights & oppose eminent domain abuse.
- Parents should take kids to church & pray with them
- End international meddling of the New World Order.
- No US participation in United Nations or world court.
- End foreign aid; end nation-building; end empire-building.
- No North American Union; no NAFTA Superhighway.
- Don't merge US into North American Community.
- Out of the UN, NAFTA, and NATO.
- Eliminate Food and Drug Administration as unconstitutional.
- Opposes limits on free speech in campaign finance laws.
- 2nd Amendment protects our liberty! Go buy a gun!.
- Member of Gun Owners of America, and the NRA.
- Unequivocal support for right to keep & bear arms
- Freedom of choice for all healthcare decisions.
- No subsidies for HMOs; no forced vaccinations.
- Deploy a fully-operational strategic defense system.
- Resist reducing benefits to veterans and their survivors.
- Strong national defense that is second to none.
- PATRIOT Act violates principles of 4th & 5th Amendments.
- Americans have more to fear from D.C. than Baghdad or Tehran.
- There is absolutely no reason for us to be in NATO.
- GOP & Dems both want open borders.
- Seal borders; no amnesty; no social services for illegal’s.
- No path to citizenship for illegal aliens.
- Cut off money supply & illegal immigration dries up.
- End birthright citizenship; no more anchor babies.
- Repeal the "anchor baby" loophole.
- Reimpose tariffs on all foreign imports to keep jobs here.
- Phase out the Social Security system.
- 10% tax on all imports into the US, and no other tax.
- End income tax, death tax, and property tax.
- Repeal the 16th amendment; no income tax & no sales tax.
- Overturn Sixteenth Amendment; no income tax; no sales tax.
- Repeal the "death tax" & property taxes.
- Develop exit strategy for phased withdrawal of US troops.
- We have become an occupation force in sovereign Iraq.
- Opposed preemptive invasion; & opposes occupation of Iraq.
- Remove troops from Iraq; offer bounties on terrorists.
- Begin safely extracting our troops from Iraq.
I like it. Go AMERICA!!!!
11 comments:
hmmm...i was just going to choose the party with the symbol that i liked the best at this point, but i think i might be able to actually feel good about this candidate. thanks for doing the research!
but this is my problem. He's prob. NOT going to win... RIGHT? So, wouldn't it be better to vote AGAINST the lesser evil of the two other candidates?
HELP ME... PLEASE!
I have never voted in an election. It just seems like too much work to actually research the candidates, but this year I am going to. I am still deciding...
I do not want to vote for McCain, because I think more of the same things that are happening today will continue.
I am with you on Obama... He is just a little to radical for me, although I agree with alot of his views. I also think he lacks qualifications.
I would probably have voted for Hillary... But that is not much help to me now.
Jessie - you have to do what you want to do. I can't make myself vote for McCain. I'm sure my guy will not win but maybe if more people voted for the person and not the party then in the future things could start changing. Maybe if he gets 15%-20% of the popular vote then the next election more people will go to third parties. I don't think I can even relate with the republican party anymore.
Emily - VOTE!!!!
Bravo Diane for taking the time to really make a educated decision that best fits you! Jessie has a point, Baldwin is by all means a long shot but why should that discount your right to vote for him? I am encouraged that the current state of the US and the controversy surrounding the candidates has at least had the positive effect of motivating people to speak up who would otherwise sat ideally by and let the voice of a few represent us. I also agree with Emily, McCain seems like more of the same and most likely will end my run of support of the republican in the presidential election. I do wish a better equipped candidate was nominated to address the disaster that is the US economy and actually had a chance at the seat but that's not the case. I personally feel that I will be voting for the candidate that I feel can energize the US population to get off it's butt and start to repair itself from main street up. It's going to take a lot more then $700 billion to fix this mess, it is going to take the will of the people to change spending and savings habits to be more in line with responsible decision making. We don't want Uncle Sam telling us what to do but until we start to take responsibility for our own actions then that is exactly what is going to happen.
I agree with Emily, I dont like McCain because I think he will continue everything that is going on right now, I like Obama but I think he is a little underqualified. Who knows... I will be watching the debates for sure!
Dum Dums huh, I have a little something for you on my blog.... go check it out!
So, I mostly like this guy but there are a few big issues that I don't agree with. As far his domestic policies go, I agree with almost everything ( I am pro vaccinations ) for more info on recent outbreaks in the US of pertussis and german measles caused by unvaccinated children see the cdc website and I definitely think that the FDA needs to be restructured but it is still definitely needed. I could still get behind him except for his view on foreign policy i.e. the war in Iraq. Heaven knows that we have been over there way longer than any of us would like but we are already bringing troops home and it is working. I do usually vote but I am really having an issue this year with the candidates. I really don't know what I will do. McCain is not a true conservative Republican and is too soft on his domestic policies but Obama is way too radical. When you hear him speak, he is very persuasive and it sounds good but it's what he insinuates with vague references of socialistic policies that scare the crap out of me. Still undecided.
Nikki- I agree with you on vaccinations and the war. I we just HAVE to fix the economy or we are all screwed. There won't be any vacinations to get. We need to start taking care of America. My number one concern right now is for the economy and I think Baldwin gets that point right. Obama and McCain will do nothing to fix the real problem.
Diane - I hear you. I just watched two hours of Bill O Reilly and Glenn Beck. Scary! Like I said, pay off your debts and get a food storage. My grocery bill alone has gone up by $50 a week this year and Luke isn't even on formula anymore. I don't even know if doing those things will save us. I hope that they will and have to have faith in the church leaders to guide us. I usually don't mix politics and religion but I can't deny what they have been trying to prepare us for for decades.
Post a Comment