Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just Finished!


So yesterday I finished reading of the Book of Mormon. I don’t know how many times I have read the whole thing, a few for sure, but, I have never been through it so fast!! I started this year in January and just finished yesterday. I think this is the first time that I have enjoyed reading it so much. I normally viewed it as a choir and something I had to do or just did because I thought I should. This time however I got so much out of it (as I am sure you have been enjoying on my blog). I guess having a little adversity in your life really opens up your mind to all the really important things in life. Apparently shoes are not one of them!

I know the economy is tough I am addicted to watching the DOW right now and I am so scared for the fate of this nation that I don’t even know where to start. I feel like this might be the end of America as we know it and having the gospel in my life has really helped me work through this. I work in finance and have seen the liquidity in the market seizing up for a little over a year now and I don’t know how this is going to get better. All I can say is to pray for our leaders that they can be inspired to make the right decisions.

The Book of Mormon has been a really calming aspect of my life this crazy year and I am so grateful that I am able to have it in my life. I love that it can answer so many of my questions and make me feel calm in the storm. I know that there is a higher power and a higher purpose and we just need to be open to it and have a little faith knowing that God will provide for and protect us. Even though sometimes He makes it really hard. I know this year I have been more humbled then I thought I would ever be in this life but I am also so grateful for all the many blessings that I do have. I have learned so much and reading the Book of Mormon this year has changed my life so much. I am even less grumpy about going to church. So for my last Book of Mormon quote to my blog I am giving you:

Moroni 10:20

“Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity.”

So officially for the rest of this year my theme is Faith, Hope, & Charity. I think this can change lives.

If you are struggling with anything read the Book of Mormon and pray for the things that you need. The Lord will not leave you empty handed. Sometime he even gives you things you never knew you needed.

Now I have to decide if I move on to conference talks or D&C.

3 comments:

Scott and Kristen Baker said...

Good for you. Keep the spiritual blogs coming, I sure could use them! I haven't been to church in a couple of years...well, like only four times, which is basically nothing. I don't read, I don't pray. I'm just not motivated to do anything. I suck. So, thanks for the great example. Are we still on for Twilight in November?

Diane said...

Still on for Twilight. I am excited!!!! I didn't go to church for 2 years and it is amazing what a difference it makes. You really don't realize it when you are away from it. I'm not preaching just sharing.

Lydia Graham said...

Good job Diane! I think I've only accomplished that once in my life, it's difficult to do. I always thought it was a chore too!