This happend just a few streets down from me:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5396545
January 23rd, 2009 @ 6:58am"(KSL News) A teenage girl was robbed at gunpoint overnight in Herriman. Deputies say the girl was walking up to a house near 14000 South and 5300 West just before midnight when she was approached by a man with a gun. He demanded her purse, which she gave to him. Then he took off running. Deputies say the girl may have known the suspect. Lt. Jason Johnson of the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office said, "She said that the suspect looked familiar but was not sure, and again, very shaken up at this point." K-9s were called in to look for the suspect but were not able to track him down. A detailed description of the suspect was not available."
In addition about 4 blocks away to this some crazy meth addict totally strung out tried to get into a ladies house that was home with her 3 year old. She followed him and noticed he was trying to break into a neighbor’s house then called the cops and kept following him. He had a warrant on him and will be in jail for quite some time.
I think this is only the beginning...people are loosing jobs and getting desperate for food and money. I would have thought my neighborhood was pretty safe but I guess we all have to watch our backs. One tip the cop gave this lady was to get all the kids and everything in the car before you open the garage that way you are not distracted and if someone is there you can run them over. That sounds like some Captain Bruce advice to me.
7 years ago
3 comments:
Why was this girl walking on the streets at midnight??
You will be safe, you have a gun!
She was just going from her car to her front door. I have to remember to pack heat!
You know, I consider our neighborhood to be pretty safe. I don't really know my neighbors very well, but I know that they would likely notice something amiss. Still, we always keep our doors locked, even when we are home. My parent used to leave their doors unlocked all the time until one night, our druggie neighbor walked in and tried to assault my sister.
Post a Comment