Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Is Democracy Dead?

Two days ago I asked you to tell your representatives what you think about the economic stimulus package, keep in mind this is in addition to the $750 Billion in TARP Money that was supposed to be used to buy bad assets from banks and instead bought preferred stock. Maybe you didn’t know that the US government is the largest shareholder in Bank of America.

So the results from Congress.org on the Action Poll (I think this site does a pretty good job at being non partisan) with 17,042 people submitting emails is as follows:

21% Support the Economic Stimulus Package
79% Oppose the Economic Stimulus Package

I would say that is a pretty direct NO from the American People. In my opinion the America I was born into no longer exists today. I just don’t know where we go from here. You really should look and see what this money is going to be spent for. I don’t think most of it will be used for “Economic Stimulus”

I don’t know how my representatives voted yet but if they voted yes I WILL NOT vote for them.

An article on CNBC.com stated the following:
“Moving with remarkable speed, the Democratic-controlled U.S. House of Representatives approved $819 billion in spending increases and tax cuts at the heart of President Barack Obama's economic recovery program.

A mere eight days after Inauguration Day, Speaker Nancy Pelosi heralded a new era.”

I am afraid to say Nancy Pelosi got it right we are definitely living in a new era.

No comments: