Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Faith is like a little seed.....

I guess I am on a posting roll. I was going to stop blogging but I am too bored. I actually have some work to do so that is good but not enough to fill my day.

I have been moving away from my scripture reading lately and as result I have been feeling a little out of it. It is amazing how much calm a little faith and hope can bring to your life.

I was reading D&C 66:9
"...Be patient in affliction. Ask, and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you."

I don't know how many times that theme has hit home for me this year. I also don't know if I have any patients left. I actually think I can have patients I just need a new trial. The one I am in right now is getting a little old and I think it has run its course. I just can’t seem to get the Lord on board with me.
Then I read this: D&C 67:3
“Ye endeavored to believe that you should receive the blessing which was offered unto you; but behold, verily I say unto you there were fears in your hearts, and verily this is the reason that ye did not receive.”

I always find it amazing how you tend to run across just what you need. I have to admit that I have been fearful (economy, election) and being fearful shows a lack of faith. We are not on earth to do the things we want to do. We are supposed to be doing what the Lord needs us to do. I should be able to summon a little faith that the Lord knows what I should be doing to accomplish his goals. But can I ask for a little insight??

2 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

Love this post, I agree 100%,A little insight would be nice!

Cute new look too!

Nikki said...

This really made me feel better post election. I have to remember. The lord knows what he is doing. If we follow the counsel of the church, we'll be okay. We can't control everything, even though those of us with OCD would like to. I guess I'd better start living the gospel a little better.