Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whats For Dinner

I am loving the crock pot right now.

Slow Cooked Moroccan Chicken
Ingredients
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
8 oz. baby carrots with tops, trimmed, or baby carrots, halved lengthwise if large
1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes)
1 14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
1-1/4 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon


Directions
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine onion and carrots. Add plums and broth. Top with chicken. In a small bowl combine curry powder, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.


2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove chicken, fruit, and vegetables from cooker with a slotted spoon. Spoon some of the cooking juices on each serving. Makes 4 servings. (I feed 6 people and had tons left over).

3 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

Im glad you liked it... I HATE curry so I will NOT be trying this but thanks for posting it anyway. If I liked curry it would for sure be on my list.

maryannmyler said...

Endorsed by The Captain, who hates curry. This is GOOD, qualifies for firehouse grub, for those of you who don't know some of th best meals served are in a fire station.

maryannmyler said...

I LOVE your blog-Keep it up-
Mom