Thursday, February 19, 2009

Once a Month Cooking Class

So I said I would do a post on my Once- a-Month-Cooking class that I went to on the 10th. My mom and Cheryl came with me to learn some super cool skills…then my mom had to leave that naughty comment and say I didn’t learn anything! MOM…What are you talking about? I am SO much smarter after that class.

So the idea behind the class- hard to guess…you cook once and have 30 meals. Did I learn how to do that….no! Not even close. But what did I learn:
- that if you spend more time organizing your trip to the grocery store then it would take to just go you might have a problem.
- If you send your husband to the store to buy a can of crushed tomatoes and it takes him over an hour...you should have married a smarter man.
- If you sit by Cheryl in a class like this she will make really crazy shapes with her mouth and ask you “what vowel sound am I making?”
- I’m pretty sure I don’t want to go back to school and listen to people make comments about what they do when NOONE cares.
- If you need a map in the grocery store maybe you should just not go.
- There are some really stupid people in the world.
- When freezing food it will last forever…how long is forever 3 months or forever they really are the same thing.
- I want my $15.00 back.
- The best thing I learned….if you want to learn once-a-month cooking you can google it…yes they really told us that!

If you want to join me a trade some freezer meals…I am game.

4 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

If you ask Grandma Gwen, she will tell you that you can freeze anything FOREVER... she can pull cookies out of her freezer that are older than I am.

Sorry that you didnt learn much but now you can tell what vowel Cheryl is making with her mouth. I'd say that is valuable information!

Jessie Riley said...

I'm now GLAD that I was not your buddy at this class. What a WASTE!

When I move home, let's make meals and freeze them FOR.EV.ER... or three months. Whichever comes first!

Marin said...

I think you all ready knew that there are some really stupid people in the world. So you should take that one off the list! Maybe you just found a good way to make people pay you $15/hour. Think of a class you could teach!

Nikki said...

I would be down with that. Soups freeze pretty well and my mom's famous lasagna. I would be sooo mad after that class. That bites. So we are dropping are kids off at 7 Fri. Want to grab some quick dinner and then head to Orem? Let me know. :)