Sunday, October 4, 2009

Spinach and Bacon Frittata


I spend a lot of time thinking of how to use 36 eggs a week and this one was a winner. It even came with Jeff singing a song called Hakuna Frittata – from the lion king.

Hakuna Frittata – it is yummiest.
Hakuna Frittata – it’s an awesome dish

Spinach and Bacon Frittata
Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
5 strips of bacon cut into ½ inch pieces.
5 boiled potatoes (red boiled and quartered)
2 cups of spinach

Directions:

Get a medium not stick oven proof skillet (I do not have one so I just put the stuff in a corning ware pan and put it in the oven but I will give you the real directions).

Preheat oven to 350*. Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes until easily pierced with a fork and start cooking the bacon in the skillet. In another bowl whisk together eggs, cheeses, salt and pepper and set aside.

When the bacon is cooked drain all but 1 tsp grease from the pan add the quartered potatoes. Add spinach and toss until wilted – about 30 seconds. Add egg mixture and stir until slightly thickened, about one minute. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until center is set, about 15 minutes.

No comments: