The bees are for Pioneer Day! I don't really like them.
I must move the Obama video down so I am posting part of the last verse of the Star Spangled Banner. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday but this year I was not so proud to be an American then we sang this is church on Sunday and for some reason it really stood out to me.
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
No matter how crazy and out of control this nation gets it really is up to us to be righteous, have faith, and do good. If we do these things individually then our nation will be preserved.
7 years ago
1 comment:
I was feeling the same way this year. Usually I am all teary eyed when the patriotic songs come on for good reasons. This year, I felt helpless in the direction our nation is going and sad that we aren't now what we once were. That being said, we did have fun at Riverton's fireworks :)Sorry I didn't get your text until we got home because as usual I didn't have my phone.
Post a Comment