I am going to start adding Once a Month Cooking recipes to my blog as well. They will be tagged OAMC.
Breakfast Burritos
Ingredients:
½ lb of ground pork sausage
½ lb frozed cubed Ore Ida potatoes
6 eggs, beaten
1 T. Milk
½ t. salt
¼ t pepper
1 T butter
1-10 oz can green chili sauce
6-8 burrito size flour tortillas
1 cup cheddar cheese (I am going to double the cheese next time)
Direction:
Brown sausage, drain fat. Cook Potatoes according to package directions until crisp. In a separate bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together. Over medium heat, melt butter in separate large skillet. Add egg mixture to skillet and scramble eggs. Warm green chili over medium heat until heated through.
Assemble burritos – warm tortillas on skillet until flexible, turning once. Fill tortillas with 1/3 cup scrambles eggs, 2-3T sausage, and 1/3 cup potatoes. Top with cheddar cheese and green chili to taste. Fold tortillas into burritos. Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap, then place in freezer bags. Freeze.
Serving Day:
Remove from plastic wrap and heat on high in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Heat in additional 30 second increments if needed.
**if you are not a big meat fan I think these would be just as good with out the sausage.
2 comments:
My kids would love these! Such a great quick breakfast for school days. I think I will make them and use Turkey sausage.. a GREAT substitute... Cant even tell the difference at all!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
i'm excited.
but 48 burrito's HOLY CRAP! That's LOTS of burritos!
and... we will be using Bacon and Ham... cause you said we could!
Love you!
Post a Comment