Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Can the President Shut Down the Internet?

Who has been missing my political stuff? Yeah for you because here one is! I know all of you thought I would be freaking out about Healthcare (I have a post planned about the proper role of government coming) but what I really like to keep track of is the stuff that gets done while all of us are sidetracked by healthcare/stimulus or whatever else is the “big” news item.




So right now there is a bill in the Senate, (SCI09) Section 201 Cybersecurity Responsibilities and Authority, that gives the Executive Brach the authority to shut down the internet if they feel there is a "threat". Want to read it just click. This stuff freaks me out. It sounds a lot like what Iran did after its election when it shut down the internet and social networking sites in an effort to stop the organization of protests. I think this is still American and we still have our First Amendment rights and that includes freedom of assembly and protests, for now at least.

Stay tuned for more stuff freaking me out including but not limited to:

- Forced vaccinations and quarantines for H1N1
- Must be licensed to have a garden in your back yard.
- Zero Interest Rate Policy (ZIRP)
- AND! What Obama did that I LIKE!!

2 comments:

Jessie Riley said...

ok. as much as I hate these posts... i need them. That is just CREEPY!
I hate it. Make it STOP!

maryannmyler said...

Glad to see your blog is back!!
The food looks great and Jeff looks tired.
LYSYB- Mom