So I am moving right along in my scripture reading - I am into Alma (which I normally don't like that much - too many stories) and I get to:
Alma 7:23
And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
The part of this that stood out for me was "asking for things ye stand in need" of. I know I don't do this and right now I really could use some blessings. On a related note one of my favorite scriptures is:
Enos 1:12
12 And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith.
I like this scripture because it says the lord will give you your desires. How many times do you hear people say in church that the lord doesn't always answer prayers the way you want him to? I think if we all had the faith of Enos he would. We don't get what we want because we lack the faith to get it. So from now on I am working on Faith and asking specifically for want I want. (I think this is totally from that Oprah book "The Secret.")
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment