Right this second I am totally overwhelmed at work and I MUST do something else so I am writing a quick blog post. To go along with my not being a Superstar (see blogging at work) I have incorporated the following conference talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf into my 2010 self:
The Savior Himself provided the answer with this profound declaration: “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”1 This is the essence of what it means to be a true disciple: those who receive Christ Jesus walk with Him.2
But this may present a problem for some because there are so many “shoulds” and “should nots” that merely keeping track of them can be a challenge. Sometimes, well-meaning amplifications of divine principles—many coming from uninspired sources—complicate matters further, diluting the purity of divine truth with man-made addenda. One person’s good idea—something that may work for him or her—takes root and becomes an expectation. And gradually, eternal principles can get lost within the labyrinth of “good ideas.” – see the whole thing here.
Growing up in Utah I have been taught what I like to call “Utah Mormonism.” Utah Mormonism is a list of actual gospel principals surrounded by a bunch of crap that people made up and now refer to as gospel such as: men must wear white shirts to church on Sunday and you can’t say “No,” to a calling.
I live in a ward where we have, card making night, recipe exchange, stitch night, in addition to canning, enrichment, temple night (for couples and women), visiting teaching, home teaching, meals, and stuff I really can’t even remember. Jeff and I added it up and figured you can spend more than 20 days a month just fulfilling church obligations.
So here is to just saying NO!
7 years ago
2 comments:
i love it!
I love your goals. To anyone interested the pasta was great. We had it after it had been frozen and it tasted wonderful!!!
Love ya! Mom
Post a Comment